Tuesday, March 04, 2008

A Funeral

J. Frederick Kertson
1921-2008

At the Grand Falls General Hospital, March 3, 2008, Mr. J. Frederick Kertson of Grand Falls passed away at the age of 86 years. He was the husband of the late Leola Desjardins. He had been a resident of the Grand Falls Manor Veterans' Wing. Born at Grand Falls in 1921, he was the son of the late Frederick and Irene (Sirois) Kertson. Mr. Kertson was a veteran of World War II. He is survived by five children, Laurie (Carl Rogers) of Deland, Florida, Richard (Teri) of Austin, Texas, Keith (Linda) of Grand Falls, David (Odette) of Fredericton and Candace (Phil Gardner) of Thunder Bay, Ontario, ten grandchildren, five great grandchildren, one sister, Dorothy Manderson of Victoria, BC, as well as nieces and nephews.
He was predeceased by a brother, Richard and sisters, Genevieve and Helen. Resting at O'Regan's Funeral Home, 515 Everard Daigle Blvd., Grand Falls with visiting hours Wednesday from 7-9 p.m. and Thursday from 2-4 p.m.
His funeral will be held Thursday, March 6th at 4 p.m. from the Assumption Roman Catholic Church, Grand Falls, with interment in the Union Cemetery, Grand Falls.
For those who wish, donations to the Alzheimer Society would be appreciated by the family.

As I was searching my photo albums, I realized that I don't have a lot of photos of my grand father. So I realize more today ... that it's soo important to take photos of the ones you love..... and take photos of yourself for those you love! So on that note, I pack my bags and my camera for Grand Falls and a Funeral.
Copyright © Kristine Davidson. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio