Thursday, March 31, 2016

Explore, Dream Discover | Simple Stories

I created this layout for Simple Stories using the gorgeous travel collection called 'You Are Here' .



 I have so many great travel pics but sometimes I find it hard to scrapbook them. Having this great collection seems to make it easier for me .. perhaps it's the pink flamingos? the palm trees? or maybe the cute cameras? Whatever it is I really enjoyed creating this page for you.

 I got the title from one of the stickers from the Expressions sticker sheet. Genius right?! ;-)I wanted to add more than one picture so i started digging thru my pictures and found a set from a Las Vegas trip my sister and I took in July 2014. It was so hot and dry, My goodness we did so much walking and had a great time. I had one photo that was the weather forecast that i screen captured with my iphone. I thought this would be pretty neat to have on a page. I have added them to mini albums and life documented pages, but never on a layout. Cool!


I wasn't sure what to journal on this page.  I wanted it to be more of a fun - You are Here page than a page about who what where and when. So i took some journal strips found on the horizontal elements page.


 - This was perfect to add the simple touch of journaling that I wanted. I added a date and of course the weather forecast tells the story that we were in Las Vegas. 
Adding some pop dots underneath these journal strips also gave them more dimension and definition. 

You can see in this next photo that I layered and layered so many Bits & Pieces. I really love the look of layers and this just brought more details that I enjoy in a page.



Have you used the cute Simple Stories Wood Veneers yet? Did you know you can altered these quite easily with paint, ink, nail polish?!
Yes! I used the word " travel " and wanted to add something to it so I painted half of it. I used a piece of scrap paper to cover half of it and the rest i painted using some Glimmer Glaze. It's exactly the thickness of nail polish. It only took a few minutes to paint and SUPER CUTE! 



I hope you enjoyed my layout today and enjoy creating your own pages with Simple Stories products !

Interested in seeing more of my work? please come visit me on instagram @KristineDavidson 


To see more great projects Visit Simple Stories!

Copyright © Kristine Davidson. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio