Sunday, November 22, 2015

Life Documented | Simple Stories


I'm sharing a Life Documented spread for November with a " thankful " theme. I used the Simple Stories collection called Pumpkin Spice. It was perfect for my fall themed layout.  

These are photos of my family and taken last season and a picture of my parents with grandkids that was taken this past July. The orange shirt my dad was wearing worked great for this Pumpkin Spice collection! Yes, I love it when a shirt matches the paper I'm using ;-)


I kept the same theme throughout my spread using yellow, pumpkins, a few flowers to decorate my filler pages.

Here is the left side of my spread;


I did't have a lot of pictures that are " fall " themed. I always love to include my cats in the mix cause they are family too right?! A Thanksgiving dinner, and my dad walking in the woods with my niece.
What is something I did differently on this page, can you tell?  

Well, I actually added some embellishments ON TOP of my page protectors! Something different for me and I actually enjoyed it. I was able to overlap from one pocket to the next and also add dimensions to my page. It is a great way to add texture as well.




Here is the right side of my spread;


I added a bit more journaling on this right side, nothing planned it just happened that way. I cut the pumpkin from a larger 4x6 journal card and added it to a 4x4 piece of paper to create my own journal card. 



this next photo shows the diecuts on top of my page protector.  I added foam dots to make it more dimentional.



as you can see, adding some extra stickers and embellishments adds a bit of interest to a page. 

Hope you can give this a try !


For more great Simple Stories projects please visit 
Copyright © Kristine Davidson. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio