Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Goodbye 2013 | Reflection

It's the end of 2013.
It's a time to reflect for me today, to think about what 2013 was about. To be thankful for the lessons and challenges and be ready for change in the new year.

I can't say 2013 was Awesome, but I can say it was good. It was good in a way that I learned a lot about myself, about those in my life and what it means to be in a marriage.  To be available and open to what comes in my direction and accept them. My Word for 2013 was CHOICES. I can say that I had many choices in 2013 - some were good and some not so good. I learned from them and ready to move on. My one little word for 2014 is ..  



 I've been fortunate to be able to travel quite a bit this year - from CHA in Los Angeles, Crop and Create events in Moncton, Winnipeg and Thunder Bay, to Vacations in Las Vegas, NHL Games in Toronto and Day trips to some pretty amazing places in Southern New Brunswick.  During the Summer we actually bought a small 8foot pool for the backyard and enjoyed some great times, Eddie turned 13 and Steve and I celebrated 13 years of wedded bliss! I'm enjoying watching my nieces and nephew grow up, and I've enjoyed meeting new friends through scrapbooking. 


In the Scrapworld, I took a few months off Creative Scrappers and started again after the summer, it was a nice break - I'm glad to be back and to be creating with sketches again. I released my Second Sketchbook, I was a guest for Jillibean Soup and featured in the Bella Blvd newsletter. I started creating my own printables and still love my popdots and sewing on my pages.


I am ready to say goodbye to 2013 and welcome 2014 with open arms. 
2014 means I turn 42 years old, Eddie will be 14 and Steve and I will celebrate 14 years of marriage. We have two large family reunions in June and July. We are planning on a few trips to Las Vegas, Florida and probably Toronto.I have to learn how to STOP eating so much sugar, and to accept the fact that i am getting older and it's time to start taking care of myself. It's the year that I will die my hair, give myself biweekly manicures,  start shopping for clothes a bit more and accepting who i am. 


Copyright © Kristine Davidson. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio