Thursday, December 10, 2015

Life Documented December | Simple Stories

I am here to share a Life Documented spread featuring the Simple Stories Claus & Co. Collection.

I am honestly not much of a December Daily kind of scrapbooker. I feel overwhelmed when I think about it, instead I created this 2 page pocket page spread to showcase my entire month of December. I have space for all my pictures, a few journal cards and I am happy with that. I can always add more page protectors to add tons of pictures of just leave it as is.  It works for me!


This was one of my favorite spreads to create. I was so consumed in decorating, matching, and creating - I had a blast! This Christmas collection is perfect for creating cards, mini albums, layouts, projects and so much more. One of my favorite Christmas collections ever! 

I created tons of layers in my spread using pop dots, washi paper tape, and sewing of course !


 You'll see on my spread that I haven't added photos yet. That's because I wanted it left blank so I can add my own when the time comes. I have a few dates added by inserting 3x4" filler cards and I love that!

 Here are a few details of my " left page ";

Adding washi tape and a few stars finished this 3x4" card perfectly. Of course I added sewing for some texture and fun detail. The little enamel dots created great little embellishments for my tree! Cute right?!



I created this next card with the snowman chipboard piece and the "cheers" from the bits and pieces. I added some pop dots under the cheer so I could easily add my 3x2.5" photo when I have it printed.



This next one was a cute filler card but I needed to add more. So I added some washi paper tape, a brad, enamel dots and some word strips. It just worked so well. You can also add this to a card and voila - a Christmas Card is done ;-)


 Here are a few more photos of the inserts;






The next few photos are of the " right side" of my spread;


 I added more cut out pieces and bits and pieces from the collection. I often add 2 - 3x4" cards into a 4x6" pocket insert. It gives me the opportunity to add a full 4x6 card of more of the same 3x4. I like that option. It fits more photos and of course more decorated cards ;-)





- now this next page is a little insert. Yup, I added a December Calendar measuring 6x8" to fit into the middle of my spread. It works well. It's a calendar of the month showcasing important dates and I can add things to do on here as well; such as baking, shopping, visiting, etc ..



On the back of this calendar I added one of my favorite Christmas Songs. You can add a recipe, a large photo such as a pic of your Christmas Tree, the house decorate, a family pic or a Christmas card. So Many options for this little pocket!


 Here is a picture of the 6x8 insert inside my spread.



Isn't that a great idea!?

You can see how much I really enjoyed creating this spread - I will use this to document my December for sure!

Try and create your own little spread to add in your life documented album. Don't feel overwhelmed and pushed to document your entire month of December. Create a spread and add all the small details you 'd like to remember for this holiday season.

I'd like to wish you "Happy Holidays" to you and your families.

Supplies:
Claus & Co. Collection: 4800 Collection Kit,  4823 SN@P! Pack, 4827 Bradz, 4828 Chipboard, 4829 Bits & Pieces, 4831 Enamel Dots, 4832 Stickers, 4835 Washi Paper Tape, 4837 Interactive Elements, 4838 Chipboard Fames;

Pocket Pages: 4053 Design 6, 4043 Album Black

I hope you enjoyed my Life Documented post today and I hope you enjoy creating with your favorite Simple Stories Products!


Copyright © Kristine Davidson. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio