Saturday, April 05, 2014

Life Documented (May 2012) | Simple Stories


I'm here today with a Life Documented post using the NEW DIY and DIY Boutique Collections from Simple Stories, and today I'm sharing the month of MAY 2012.




 I used the 6x8" album but included different pocket pages. You'll see in this post that with so many varieties of the 6x8 pocket pages you can mix and match to create a uniform album for your LIFE Documented projects.

Page 3 includes 2 4x4" pockets and 4 2x2" pockets. I thought this was perfect to add 2 large photos and a few small ones on the sides.



  Once I started decorating this page I realized I wanted to add more but didn't want to add another page so instead, I added a 4x4" Photo Flip. You can add these in different ways but I adhered mine to the left of the pocket page. This allows a great Flip to view journaling and another photo.  I love this format, it's like a little secret pocket!





I added a confetti pocket to the next page, they add such fun details to a spread and you can add anything you like. In my Mini Confetti pocket I added some enamel dots, stickers, word phrases, and some small punched out pieces of patterned paper.  





My technique for creating this pocket is simple : you can add your items and sew them to the page protector or you can make a small sized pocket with the items, sew them together and then add them to your pocket.   
As you flip the page, I again used a monthly calendar showing the days of the month and a few pictures of what happened that day. Some aren't exact dates but I'm ok with that.

This following page is OH HAPPY DAY, a Simple Stories Silhouette Cut File. I added pop dots under the die cut to add a bit of dimension.

The last page for May 2012 has a few photos and journaling about misc days in the month.



I am using the 6x8 Sn@p! Leather Album in black for all of my Life Documented pages for 2012. It's sturdiness, metal corner accents, and stitch details are fantastic and durable. The album will be handled often so durability is a must - this Sn@p! album is so far the best I've been using.
I used a variety of inserts for this monthly spread - a 6x8" size featuring 2x2" to 4x6 and also a full 6x8. The Sn@p pocket pages come in a variety that you can add to your album. PERFECTO!



 DIY Products Used:
·         Office Journal Layers 5121
·         Office Card Foundations 5123
·         Teal, Read & Yellow Enamel Dots 5129
·         Pink, Green & Orange Enamel Dots 5130
·         Office Tag Foundations 5134
·         Letter Stickers 5137
·         Typeset Stickers 5138
·         Labels Stickers 5139
·         Words Stickers 5142

DIY Boutique Products Used:
·         Paper Kit 5100
·         No Worries 5102
·         Outside the Box 5106
·         Who's to Say? 5107
·         Newspaper/ Yellow 5110
·         Boutique Polka/Red 5108
·         Boutique Chevron/Teal 5112
·         Decorative Brads 5127
·         Stickers 5141
P       4x4 Photo Flips 4066

Silhouette Online Store
· Oh Happy Day 54658
· Cursive Laugh 57030

I hope you enjoyed my LIFE DOCUMENTED post today - and don't forget to share your pages or projects on the Simple Stories Facebook page 


Copyright © Kristine Davidson. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio