Monday, November 02, 2015

We Are ... Family | Simple Stories

Hello Friends!

I'm  happy to share a Life Documented spread about my sister and her family featuring the new collection We Are ... Family.


First I would like to say "YELLOW!" I love this bright yellow that's included in this collection. I really don't use yellow very often in my pages but this color just made me happy!

These are photos of my sister and her children. The picture were taken from this past summer while they were all playing in the backyard.   

In this spread I wanted to showcase a Life Documented page but include a layout on the left side. I created a simple layout as to not overwhelm the simpler, colorful side of my pocket page on the right.

I really like this format since it gave me the opportunity to create a layout but also with a pocket page it allowed me to add more photos and extra journaling.


  and here is a close up pictures of the layout details.



I really enjoy creating with pocket pages and I find that sometimes I have too many photos to just put away in a box somewhere or create a few more layouts about this one event.  I added more photos of the day and little extras with embellishments.


As you can see the theme is pretty constant on both pages, lots of yellow, a little bit of red and the pictures are all from the same day.

If you have a family event to document, I would highly recommend trying a pocket page with a layout and don't be afraid to add some color !

A few close up pictures of my pocket page;




Thanks for coming to visit today, and I hope you feel inspired to create and try something new in your Life Documented Album!

Copyright © Kristine Davidson. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio