Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Creating With Welcome Spring | Simple Stories

Hello Friends!
I am sharing 2 layouts I created using the gorgeous collection from Simple Stories; WELCOME SPRING! It's perfect for this time of year and the colors of yellow, pink and light blue can really be used for Spring and Summer.

The first layout I created is called -  Hello Springtime! It's a photo of my cousin's girls enjoying a day outside in the melting snow. I changed the color of the photo to black and white so it would be a good match for this collection.


I first created a circle and cut it by hand. I didn't have a circle cutter and decided to just GO WITH IT! I did some sewing around the edges and I like how it turned out. Sometimes it's just about letting go and creating!


I cut up pieces of patterned paper in 3x4" and used those pieces to create layers. I love this effect. I have tons of color and I really didn't use that much paper.
I always use pop dots on my pages to create more dimension and of course adding clusters of embellishments. The sticker sheet that comes with this collection has tons of cute designs.

 

I added extra stitching, enamel dots, a bit of mist and was very happy with the outcome.

My next layout is called -- So Lovely. As you can see I used 2 pieces of paper and cut them at an angle to create this background. I really loved that blue since it goes well with the shirt my niece is wearing and the flowers on a dark background is just something I enjoy working with.


I did some sewing along the edge and on a small strip in the center of the layout. I used a 3x4" journaling card to add a few sentences about this sweet lovely girl.


As you can see from the previous photos I added more clusters of stickers, enamel dots and some mist again. I just feel like this finishes my layouts.

If you are anxious to start scrapbooking with nice bright colors and get away from the white and blue of the winter season this Welcome Spring Collection is a MUST!

I hope you enjoyed my layouts today and please visit @SimpleStories_ on instagram and come find me as well @KristineDavidson .

Have a great day!

Supplies Used:
10190 - Welcome Spring Collection Kit



Copyright © Kristine Davidson. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio