Saturday, April 30, 2016

Layouts with Carpe Diem | Simple Stories

Hello Scrapbook Friends, 
It’s a beautiful day here on the East Coast of Canada and as you can tell by my bright  layouts it’s a great time to use those vibrant colors from the Simple Stories Carpe Diem Scrapbook Collection. 

I have literally used up almost every single piece and inch of this collection.
I LOVE IT! One of my all time favorite collections.
Today I will be sharing 2 layouts with you that were created with this kit and I’ll be showing you how you can add some fun elements, clusters, and layers to your pages.



This first layout is called “ Dream Big” . I added Bits & Pieces close to the photo and one of them is a cloud with Dream Big on it. I decided to use that as the title for my page. Sometimes you  don’t need a huge title or something that stands out too much to make your title. On this layout I wanted to focus more on the patterns on the papers, the colors and of course the great background diecut. (FOUND HERE)

If you find yourself with just scraps of a collection and really want to use it but unsure for what... try a background file or piece together bits of scraps to create a background.  It’s super easy to piece together and you can use up that great paper collection you’ve been hoarding! 



I added clusters of elements on my page without overshadowing my photo.  I didn’t want to add a colored photo because I thought it would be too busy. A black and white picture was a great choice for this page and paper collection. 
Adding clusters can be done by simply grouping a few pieces of chipboard, stickers, diecuts and so much more “ stuff “ to create that focal point. I also added a few twine details to add more texture to my page. 



You can see from this photo that by adding pop dots underneath the sticker it creates a dimensional look . This is a great way to use up extra stickers and adding more fun details. I think I say this with every single layout I create! I cannot do a page without adding dimensional adhesive.

The Second Layout I have for you today was really created in about an hour.  My husband was fast asleep, it was about 11 o'clock at night and I had a burst of energy after the bowl of ice cream! This layout is called Best Day Ever. 



I created this layout by adding pieces of 6x6 papers cut into 4x6" and placed behind my photo. My photo was glued with dimensional adhesive ( again!) and I was able to place several layers behind it and on top of it.


The picture was really my inspiration and this paper collection was perfect for that purple sweatshirt and fun sunglasses. The girls were in Boston for a Taylor Swift concert last summer. So lots of fun was had and the little piece of paper with BEST DAY EVER was a great title! Again nothing fancy just a piece of paper adhered to my page created a great title.



Another close up photo of the layers I created and clusters of embellishments to add focus towards my photo

I hope you enjoyed my layouts today and enjoy creating your own pages with Simple Stories products ! 

Interested in seeing more of my work? please come visit me on Instagram @KristineDavidson. 
Copyright © Kristine Davidson. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio