Thursday, March 03, 2016

Creating with Heart | Simple Stories

Today and I am going to share a few projects I created using the new mini collection from Simple Stories called " Heart".
When I saw this collection I first fell in love with the gorgeous colors and once I really took a few minutes to read the sentiments I realized it wasn't  a collection about Love but more a collection of being loved and loving someone.  I decided instead of using this collection for what it was meant for - I was going to use to document the everyday love.   

My first layout is called Love Today.
     

I created this layout using a white background and also a white die cut background from the silhouette store. Adding a bit of gold to my cardstock was something I did to showcase the hints of gold in this collection.

Here are a few close up photos and you'll be able to see more details and what I did to create dimension with the Fundamental Sticker sheet that comes with the "Heart" collection.   




I do have another layout that I created using this collection but it's Top Secret as it's being published in the summer.  So I will show you 3 cards that I created using the same collection and a sneak peek of my layout that I'll be able to show you later in the year.

Here are a few sneak peeks of my second layout -




You can tell that I loved creating with the Fundamental Stickers and I really did use this entire collection kit on 2 layouts and 3 cards.
  
The cards I created are for those special moments of remembering a loved one. We always create cards that are happy, birthday themed, or for anniversaries. This collection kit is really perfect for those compassionate moments in our lives. 

I used a pieces from every sheet of paper on this card. Isn't that navy blue with gree and yellow amazing? I added kraft tags to my cards and of course a project wouldn't be complete without some twine ;-) 



This next card is simple.  Created with a little sentiment for those dear to us. 



 My last card was created with left overs from my patterned papers. I cut up some pieces and sewed them on a piece of kraft cardstock. I made some messy sewing and added a kraft tag for my sentiment. 



I guarantee You will enjoy creating with this collection regardless if it's for sentimental reasons or everyday love stories.

I hope you enjoyed my projects today and enjoy creating with Simple Stories!


Supplies:
Heart Collection Kit
DIY Kraft Journal Layers

Copyright © Kristine Davidson. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio