Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Life Documented January 2015 | Simple Stories

This is the first page in my Life Documented album for 2015. I'm doing something a bit different this year. I'm not committing to a weekly spread. This means I can do a month at a time, a week at a time or even a day at a time. I am not worried about the pocket page style that I'll be using either. It's considered more of a large "mini ablum" and I'm looking forward to creating this year and hope you'll join me!  

 
I started my spread using the Simple Stories Design 10 Pocket Pages. This allows me to add larger photos 4"x4" and also the standard 3"x4". The left Side of my spread has a photo of hubby and I from 2014 and a bit of journaling about the year ahead. I love that my pictures can be included with journaling on a 4x4 card.

 
Creating your own journal cards can be so much fun.  I used 4x6 and also 3x4 cards and created my own. I added 1" strips and sewed them to cut up 4x6 cards. Super easy to do and gives you a unique touch to your page using all the wonderful Simple Stories Cards.

 
 
 
Since my spread is about the entire Month of January 2015 I wanted to add photo and journaling but not have this on a few spreads so I typed directly underneath my pictures!

 
The Right Side of my spread has the same format as the Left.   I did a picture collage on one of my photos to showcase the great day we had at the Clay CafĂ©. This is a place I bring my nieces when I visit. We have a blast and always look forward to getting our fired clay pieces.
Below is an example of a journal card I created using a 4x6 card cut to fit below the " Week In Review " title. I added a tag for my journaling and created little embellishment details with the Life Documented Washi Paper Tape. So Easy!

 

This collection is so much fun to play with. I hope you enjoyed my Life Documented post today and I hope you enjoy creating with your Simple Stories Life Documented Collection!
Copyright © Kristine Davidson. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio