Thursday, February 16, 2017

Maya Road | Guest Designer

Today I am sharing a project and card I created last month for Maya Road. I was asked to be a guest designer and loved the opportunity to play with some steel dies, flowers and trinkets.

I decided to create a small display with the Mini 4x4 Pallet. I saw them and I was in Love! They are perfect for any “little “project such as a teacher’s gift, Christmas, home d├ęcor and even more.



I first painted the wood pallet a nice dark brown and sanded off the edges.
My base was the Kraft Mason Jar Tag that you can see underneath all the flowers. I created each flower with the soon to be released Steel Dies – Flowers.
I layered them with pop dots and curled the edges a bit for more dimension.


Once I place my flowers in a cluster I added Felt Blossoms, but they were too large so instead I trimmed around them and kept a small rosette size to be placed in those empty spaces. Adding cut out leaves and a few wood tokens, Love Note Charm, and even an Ornate Button at the top finished my display.
At the end I added 2 Vintage Pearl Trinket Pins and my title which is Bloom that is from a steel die.

Overall I am very pleased with the outcome; it’s really cute in person. This little display has lots of texture which we all love.
My second project is a card



I created this card with a self cut out tag, I added dimensional adhesive underneath for dimension. I cut out the small pieces from the steel dies such as the glasses; paper, stars, check mark, and the title work it. The A is a sticker from elsewhere.

This die is super cute and you will love it! My favorite from this is the check mark and the glasses… those are so cute and those stars as well. Alright, the entire set is pretty cute!



I hope you enjoyed my reveal this week. It’s been a pleasure creating for Maya Road this month and hopefully you’ve been inspired to create your own projects.

You can find more of my work on my instagram @kristinedavidson and even with my own hashtag #ilovediecutsandpopdots I usually tag my layouts and sneak peeks with this tag.

Thanks bunches !

No comments:

Post a Comment